Saturday, March 12, 2011

raindrops on roses


"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" 
those endearing lines from "The Sound of Music" are inspiring. 
So inspiring in fact, that I have decided to make a list of my own.
A list of my own favorite things: sights, sounds, smells, feelings, activities...
whatever it is that brings a smile to my face.
And in doing so, I have discovered that Julie Andrews was right.
That "when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."
 It works.
Try it.

My Favorite Things:

-laughing
-feeling my skin soak in the warmth of the sun
-hot chocolate
-feeling sore after a long, hard workout
-Broadway musicals
-sunglasses
-the freshness of Spring
-the smell of rain
-Jane Austen novels
-matching words with fonts
-driving with the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs
-Italy
-falling asleep on the beach
-kisses on the forehead
-being rocked to sleep, like a baby
-mountains
-taking long, hot showers
-sitting and just talking with a friend, and not being bored at all
-weddings
-the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a project
-the color yellow
-the hungry anticipation before eating a favorite meal
-vintage clothing...vintage anything really
-my family
-old movies
-lemonade
-Audrey Hepburn
-reading on a rainy day
-Disney movies
-the "swish" sound of a basketball going into the basket
-having a clean room
-smiling



1 comment:

  1. Awwww...my little sis is all grown up!! I, Love, This!

    ReplyDelete